Dr. Anahita Forati DAOM, LAc. , IFMCP
Dr. Anahita Forati has been a health care provider for over 15 years. She practices both Functional Medicine and Acupuncture in her practice. Some conditions get better with Acupuncture and some need the focused lens of Functional medicine to show improvement.
In her acupuncture practice, Dr. Forati finds that Myofacial Trigger Point Acupuncture (Dry Needling) may be useful in various musculoskeletal issues such as neck, shoulder and back muscle tension and pain, which are especially prevalent in repetitive strain and computer related injuries.
Dr. Forati is also a Functional Medicine practitioner. Functional medicine, much like Traditional Chinese Medicine, looks for the root cause of a person’s disease. Dr. Forati prefers to begin with using food as medicine and enjoys educating her patients on ways to improve their basic foundations of health.
Dr. Forati also has years of experience working in hospitals and with patients undergoing cancer treatment. In her work she has pursued research projects and assisted in the design of an acupuncture study at the Alameda County Medical Center Highland Hospital campus in Oakland, CA. She is also working as an acupuncturist in a local hospital to provide care for patient in the oncology department and the hospital.
A naturally intuitive, and musical person, she enjoys artistic endeavors in her free time. She believes healthy self-expression is a fundamental aspect of well being.
Education and Training
- IFM Certified Practitioner (IFMCP). Institute of Functional Medicine
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM), Bastyr University; emphasis on Integrative Oncology and Pain Management.
- Master of Sciences in Chinese Medicine, American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM).
- Bachelor of Sciences in Botany, Pre-Med, U.C. Davis.
- Clinical training in Integrative Oncology, Teaching Hospital of Sichuan Chinese Medicine Institute, in Chengdu, and Shu Guang Hospital, in Shanghai, China.
- Faculty at Alameda County Health Services (Highland Hospital, University of California San Francisco Teaching affiliate).
- Adjunct Faculty of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine at California Institute of Integral Studies.
- Licensed Acupuncturist Kaiser Permanente Walnut Creek Campus.
Dr. Forati is a licensed Acupuncturist in the State of California.