The Golden Leaf Staff
The practitioners at Golden Leaf Acupuncture INC combine high-level Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) training with experience working in American clinics and hospitals. We offer safe, effective ways to facilitate healing for our patients.
Dr. Anahita Forati DAOM, L.Ac.
Dr. Anahita Forati is very passionate about her practice of Chinese and Functional Medicine. After she earned her Bachelors of Science in Botany at UC Davis, her love for medicinal plants lead her to study Chinese Medicine because their complex herbal formulas go back thousands of years, and are still sought out for all kinds of conditions. Over the years she became a skilled Acupuncturist especially in Myofacial Trigger Point Acupuncture (Dry Needling) as well as other acupuncture techniques to treat musculo-skeletal issues such as neck, shoulder and back pain, especially with repetitive strain and computer related injuries. Her work experience in various hospital settings also brought to light the importance of using other acupuncture techniques to reduce pain and anxiety, when working with fragile and compromised patients.
Dr. Forati also provides Integrative Cancer Care, both in this clinic and other out patient oncology clinics, to assist patients minimize the side-effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Her clinical doctorate work at Bastyr University was focused on learning what Chinese Medicine can offer to cancer patients and she had the opportunity to visit China and observe how Chinese Medicine was integrated with standard of care.
The past five years Dr. Forati has been studying Functional Medicine through the Institute of Functional Medicine to further her knowledge on the latest research and training in health and healing. The knowledge she has gained through this program has deepened her understanding of the dis-ease process and has been invaluable in her ability to assimilate both Eastern and Functional Medicine approaches for each of her patients.
In her work she has pursued research projects and assisted in the design of an acupuncture study at the Alameda County Medical Center Highland Hospital campus in Oakland, CA. She is also working as an acupuncturist in a local hospital both as an in-patient provider and as mentioned earlier, in the oncology clinic.
A naturally intuitive, and musical person, she enjoys artistic endeavors in her free time. She believes healthy self-expression is a fundamental aspect of healthy living.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM), Bastyr University; emphasis on Integrative Oncology and Pain Management.
- Master of Sciences in Chinese Medicine, American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM).
- Bachelor of Sciences in Botany, Pre-Med, U.C. Davis.
- Clinical training in Integrative Oncology, Teaching Hospital of Sichuan Chinese Medicine Institute, in Chengdu, and Shu Guang Hospital, in Shanghai, China.
- Faculty at Alameda County Health Services (Highland Hospital, University of California San Francisco Teaching affiliate).
- Adjunct Faculty of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine at California Institute of Integral Studies.
- Licensed Acupuncturist Kaiser Permanente Walnut Creek Campus.
- IFMCP Candidate. Institute of Functional Medicine
Dr. Forati is a licensed Acupuncturist in California.